Gas explosion in Lagos

Gas explosion in Lagos

1 minute, 3 seconds Read

Gas explosion in Lagos

Gas explosion

Gas explosion in Lagos. On Cachol Street in the Ojo region of Lagos State, a residential building was razed and properties were damaged in the early hours of Saturday.

According to the PUNCH, the inferno began when a camp gas exploded in the eight-room home.

The spokesperson for the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Services, Amodu Shakiri, confirmed the incident.

He said one of the occupants was cooking in the corridor of the building when the explosion occurred.

“One of the building’s occupants was cooking with a camp gas when it exploded, and the building was severely burned with content inside,” he said. We also discovered that the hallway was utilized as their kitchen because there was no designated kitchen area on the site. There were also at least six camp gases in there.

“The call came in at about 9:05 am and we were able to isolate the fire to only the building alone while adjoining buildings were safe from the gas-induced fire.”

Shakiri said the incident would have been fatal but for the detachment of some officers from the Ojo military cantonment who protected firemen who were carrying out their duties.

He went on to say that there were no casualties because the building’s residents were unharmed.

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *