TASUED - reason behind tuition increment

TASUED – reason behind tuition increment

2 minutes, 21 seconds Read

TASUED - reason behind tuition increment


TASUED – reason behind tuition increment. The Vice-Chancellor of Tai Solarin University of Education, Ogun State, Prof Oluwole Banjo, on Wednesday, said that the removal of fuel subsidy was the reason behind the hike in tuition fees by the school.

Banjo disclosed this on Wednesday during the press briefing held on the heels of the 13th, 14th, and 15th convocations of the varsity slated for next Tuesday.

The VC who described as very exceptional the combined convocations noted that a total of 5153 students would be graduating during this event out of which 18 of them have First-class honours, 159 are graduating with Master’s degrees, 60 with Post Graduate Diploma in Education and 30 with Post Graduate Diploma.

He stated that Dr Tunde Lemo, the former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria and former President of the TASUED Trust Foundation, would be awarded an Honorary Doctorate Degree in Economics.

“This year is exceptional,” remarked the VC, “because we witness the combined convocation of the 13th, 14th, and 15th ceremonies, with a total of 5153 students graduating.” Among them, 18 have achieved first-class honours, while 159 are graduating with master’s degrees, 60 with PGDE, and 30 with PGD.

“This year’s Honourary Degree will be bestowed on Dr Tunde Lemo, former CBN Deputy Governor and former President TASUED Trust Foundation.”

Speaking on the hike in the school fees, the VC said that after a series of meetings, the management reviewed the fees from N260,000 to N148,500 for returning students offering education and N158,500 for science students while fresh students offering education will pay N170,000 and those offering science courses will pay N180,000.

He stated that students could also choose to pay in installments, and that under this arrangement, students would pay 60% of their fees during the first semester and the remaining 40% during the second semester.

“I also want to address the recent change in the school fee regime,” the VC stated. Recognizing the shifting economic situation caused by the loss of the fuel subsidy and its attendant consequences, the institution has created a two-installment payment plan to reduce the financial strain on students.

“The institution’s work-study program provides an opportunity for students to work on campus while maintaining their studies.”

The VC further stated that the institution is going above and above to ensure the safety of both staff and students.

“On this security matter, we are leaving nothing to chance, I have even been to see the Inspector General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun, and we are regularly working with the state Commissioner of Police, CP Alamutu Abiodun to ensure that everyone is secured.”

The VC said that the combined convocations will also witness the launching of some infrastructural projects such as the Crystal Building, an ICT-based research and teaching facility, along with the Alumni Building, a 2000-seater capacity lecture theatre generously donated to the varsity.



Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *